Thursday, July 8, 2010

9 year anniversary




So 9 years ago I was extremely nervous. I was nervous because in just a few days I was going to ask Bianca to be my girlfriend. I remember wanting to wait until the 11th, because I liked the date 7/11/01. It was a number full of lucky #s which proved to work out perfectly for us, because we are lucky to have found each other so early in our lives.


With a little help from my friends (or sisters I should say) I created a book for Bianca. It was titled reasons why Bianca should be my girlfriend. Throughout the book it had pictures of Bianca and I, pictures of my friends and family, pictures of my car... It was thought out very well and very cute.


What I forgot to include was at the end of the book to say, "Will you be my girlfriend?" or something along those lines. So she read the book and was just kind of standing there afterwards. I finally built up the courage and mumbled, "So, what do you think? Do you want to make this official and be my girlfriend?" She said, "Ok." gave me a kiss and ran inside her house.


I was in ecstasy. During the walk home from her house, it felt like I was flying. I floated inside and told my family the news. I had a girlfriend!


Bianca did the same. Only her reaction was a little different. She showed her parents the book and began to cry, because for the 1st time in her life she had a boyfriend. I guess she took the title of boyfriend/girlfriend very serious, because 9 years later we are still dating (well engaged now).


These 9 years have been the best ever. Bianca makes me so happy and I believe I do the same for her (I know because she texts me this).


We are each other's soulmates and in less than 4 months we will "officially" be together again. I guess it's time to make another book!

1 comment:

  1. 9 year anniversary!! Looks so much fun! Our parents have completed 50 years together and we too threw a surprise super bowl themed anniversary for them. We threw the bash at one of the rental event venues and the ambience of that venue was perfectly suiting our theme.

    ReplyDelete