Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shedding pounds with a stinky frown

My heart's racing. I've been jogging for 10 minutes and am sweating pretty profusely. "Gotta lose some weight, gotta lose some weight." I keep telling myself over and over again. My breathing patterns have gone out the window and I am struggling for air, wheezing in and out. Then it happens. Like in a cartoon, an aroma of a smell makes it's way to me. A cloud of flatulence flood my next breath. I am literally drowning in someone's fart and can taste it on my tongue.
I look to my right, no one there. I look to my left, jack pot. It's a big black lady who looks right back at me, and gives me the, "um huh" grunt. I give her a disgusted look and she acts like nothing happens and keeps on walking. I quit my run, because I' m tired and running is a lot harder when you're holding your breath. I say "that's nasty quietly, but loud enough for her to hear me" and walk towards the bicycle machine. Thank you black lady, thank you for making me cut my jog short.

Don't you hate that? Has this ever happened to you. There should be a no fart rule placed at all gyms. Especially in the cardio section. If you fart while doing sit-ups so be it (I'm guilty of this all the time), but while running, gross. I can still taste it in my mouth.

Yuck, gonna go brush my teeth now.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Steph & Michi, remember in Tae Kwon Do during stretches and the little kid blew up all loud. Sorry just a random memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss! His name was Marcus. Remember the instructor called him out on it?? Poor little kid could never step foot in that place again.

    ReplyDelete